Just this past week, Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) passed away, and after a millisecond about remembering his life, we talked about the politics surrounding his death more than the accomplishments during his life. The media and the parties were debating what Gov. Chris Christie should do (to help them). With a special election held concurrent Continue reading
This following post will be a brief ‘state of the race’ with Rick Santorum as the focus. It’s definitely amazing how Rick S. was in the back of the pack. At one point, the national polls were showing that Romney/Perry/Gingrich/Cain were in 1st place with Paul/Bachmann sometimes in 2nd place and Huntsman/Santorum lagging in the back. A Real Clear Politics poll shows that Santorum is now winning by more than 5% points. His sincerity and ease at talking seem to make him the more Obama-like candidate than Romney by a mile. Politico, for example, had a great opinion article regarding a President and their likability to sharing a beer (Beer). To be honest, even though I agree with Romney’s politics more, I’d rather have a beer with Santorum. I always make the point that the President of the United State of America is both the ‘Chief Executive‘ and ‘Head of State‘. This means that they are charged with the governance of the country, but also to represent the hopes and aspirations of the people that they govern. Unlike other countries where those responsibilities are split between a President and Prime Minister, the United States has both. Other countries might want a leader who says they are better than the people that voted for them, but American Presidents should be “of the people, by the people, and for the people”.
…And that’s why I’m voting for Obama (as of right now and if nothing dramatic/strange/unusual happens in the next months until the election).
- Megadeth leader endorses Rick Santorum for GOP presidential candidate (examiner.com)
- Michigan Brakes For Santorum (npr.org)
- Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine endorses Rick Santorum, rescinding support for Mitt Romney (usamericanfreedom.com)
- Rick Santorum: An Ordinary Guy with Average, Uncontroversial Taxes (dailyfinance.com)
- If Rick Santorum Wins Michigan, He’s the New Frontrunner, Matt Dowd Says (abcnews.go.com)
- Quinnipiac: Rick Santorum takes lead in Ohio (dailykos.com)